One of the best things about having children around during Christmas is singing Christmas songs with them.
Unfortunately not all Christmas songs are child friendly, so I scoured Youtube for the best children’s Christmas songs for you.
While there are many more, these are a mix of old and new, and I would love to hear which ones you would add.
- 12 Days of Christmas – Disney Version – For kids, you know our friends at Disney will show up more than once so why not start with them. This is the classic version sung by our favorite classic Disney characters.
- All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth – It’s a silly, classic Christmas song so many parents have sung to so many children it seems like it had to be included.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks-Christmas Song – While I love the original, the audio on You Tube is much better for this version.
- Believe – Josh Groban – From one of the newest family Christmas classics, The Polar Express, and while it isn’t one of the bouncier tunes, it is such a great message for any child, especially at Christmas time.
- Charlie Brown Christmas Dance – This one takes me back to a time when we waited all year to watch our favorite Christmas movies is this one is a definite favorite.
- Christmas is Coming – The Muppets make everything better, especially Christmas. This a fun and easy to learn song for kids of all ages.
- Elmo’s Christmas Song – This one is personal because my granddaughter loves Elmo. This is her favorite Let’s Dance Elmo.
- Frosty the Snowman – A kind and fun loving snowman, and not a Karen meme in sight!
- Here Comes Santa Claus – Disney version – Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, a children’s choir and even Santa himself.
- I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – I live in the city with perhaps the world’s most famous hippo. Her name is Fiona, and she is the smallest premature hippo to survive. You can read more about her in Saving Fiona and A Very Fiona Christmas.
- Oh Santa – Veggie Tales – If it’s Veggie Tales, you know it’s going to be silly, especially if Larry the Cucumber is singing it.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – It’s never too early to teach your children about Rudolph.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Yes he is, and perhaps a parent’s greatest leverage during the holiday season. To help your child count down through the month of December, you can get any number of Advent Calendars or try reading Disney’s Countdown to Christmas.
- Santa Shark – No holiday in 2019 is complete without some baby shark in it, and this one is actually pretty cute.
- Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time – Paul McCartney – This is a fun and bouncy song that is easy to learn from one of our favorite former Beatles.
- Up on the Housetop – Pentatonix – A different version of a classic song with a hip hop vibe and Lego characters for the kids. How fun is that?
- You’re a Mean One, Mr Grinch – Although this song may be older than the parents who are helping their child find these songs, it’s still a fun one to sing.
- We need a Little Christmas – Glee Christmas Album – This a fun and modern version of a classic that’s easy for children to learn and sing along with.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas – This is an updated version for little ones to get them moving and involved in the song.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas – Disney style – While updated is good, sometimes you want a more classic version of your favorite carols. This one features the characters from Winnie the Pooh.
So, did you enjoy this list? Did your children enjoy them? What would you add to make the list more complete.
Comment below, and you get bonus points for including the YouTube link to your child’s favorite.
Want more music fun?
Did you know you can have a music personality? Well, you can.
Check out What’s Your Music Personality? to find out more and be sure to join our community by signing up below so you can live your best life and let the rest go.