Have you ever eaten zippy beef spread.
If not, you missed out.
Luckily, you found this family recipe.
It’s delicious and lasts for several days in the fridge which makes it a great make ahead appetizer.
- Soften 1 tablespoon of instant onions in 2 tablespoons of dry sherry wine or sherry vinegar.
- Blend one 8 ounce package of cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Stir in the sherry and onion mixture.
- Place 6-9 ounces of dried beef in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Stir in 3-4 ounces of dried beef to taste into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of finely diced olives to the mixture.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and roll in the remaining dried beef.
- Serve with crackers and/or celery .
Unless you are planning to use a mixer, it helps to allow the cream cheese to warm to room temperature.
The olives get mushy when you chop them in the food processor so it's best to chop them by hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While most people enjoy this Zippy beef spread on crackers, it’s delicious on celery for those looking to lower carbs or avoid wheat products.
Need other delicious starter and snack ideas?
Here are some other recipes to add to your appetizer lineup.
Click on the captions to check out the recipes
Each recipes is easy to make and serve them year round.
Moving Toward Better is dedicated to helping you live your best life and let the rest go.
To get more recipes, tips and life strategies, sign up below.
Get the tough parts handled so to get to the good stuff faster.Like what you see here? Click here for ways to support the Moving Toward Better mission.