Let’s face it, Mother’s Day 2020 or any other holiday during this crazy year is probably going to be different than any other we’ve ever had.
This is not the year for high expectations.
It is not the time to put pressure on anyone, yourself or someone else, to make a day spectacular.
That doesn’t mean the day can’t still be special.
It just has to be special differently than before.
Below is a list of ideas to make Mother’s Day 2020 special for the mom or moms in your life.
There’s also a podcast to go with this article that explains some of these idea in more detail and gives fun variations as well.
- Clean the house, your room or her car
- Do some yard work
- Paint a room, depending on your family situation
- Clean out the garage
- Plant a garden
- Do a load of laundry
- Let her sleep in
- Have a dinner delivered from a local restaurant
- Have a mom treat day and cook her favorite foods
- Make her favorite dinner and clean up the kitchen afterward
- Have a video call with other family members
- Give her time to have a virtual girls’ night
- Order flowers or a plant
- Go to a drive in
- Take the kids to a drive in and give mom the night off
- Watch a movie together that’s funny
- Play a board game
- Write mom letters
- Order a photo album (better yet, have your kids do it)
- Pull out photo albums if you have them and look through
- Make a movie of favorite photos with her favorite music
- Make her a playlist of her favorite songs
- Order her a book (I have a great idea for that below)
- Ask her what she wants and then do that
Click on the image below to purchase Everyday Heroes of Motherhood
While there are many ideas here to celebrate Mother’s Day 2020, the best Mother’s Day will come from the heart.
More articles about and for mom
To make sure that you always know when there is a new episode, subscribe to the podcast and become a member of the Moving Toward Better email community where you’ll get access everything going on at movingtowardbetter.com.
Until next time, thanks for listening and remember to keep moving toward better so you can live your best life and let the rest go!
You can check out all the Moving Toward Better podcast episodes at http://movingtowardbetter.libsyn.com/website
If you enjoyed this content, share it on Pinterest with one of the pins below and sign up to join the Moving Toward Better community so you can live your best life and let the rest goLike what you see here? Click here for ways to support the Moving Toward Better mission.