If you’ve never heard of hot peanut butter, it may sound odd to you. If you like peanut butter and someone skilled made it for you, you know it’s amazing.
If you got to taste the peanut butter cup version, you may have a new favorite drink.
Best of all, this recipe works with traditional milk and nondairy alternatives so everyone who wants to, without a peanut allergy, can enjoy some form of this drink.
Peanut butter flavoring
- Choose one cup of your favorite liquid base.
- Choose the flavoring or flavorings of your choice. 1/4 to 1/3 cup peanut butter or chips and 1 tsp White Chocolate syrup.
- Warm half of the liquid in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- As bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan pour in the desired flavoring and whisk until the chips are melted and the syrup is incorporated.
- Add the rest of the liquid and stir.
- Cook until the mixture is to the desired temperature.
- Add desired toppings and serve with the treats of your choice. Need ideas? Check the notes below.
For a fun variation, use 1/4 cup peanut butter flavoring and 1/4 cup chocolate chips for a hot peanut butter cup. This is especially yummy when you use the hand mixer to froth the drink to give it a latte texture. For additional ideas to make your hot peanut butter even more special, check out The best hot chocolate toppings, treats and recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- KitchenAid KHB2351CU 3-Speed Hand Blender - Contour Silver, 8 inches
- PB2 Original Powdered Peanut Butter - [2 Lb/32oz Jar] 6g of Protein, 90% Less Fat, Certified Gluten Free, Only 60 Calories per Serving, Perfect for Protein Shakes, Smoothies, and Low-Carb, Keto Diets
- Reese's Peanut Butter Baking Chips, 10-Ounce Bag (Pack of 3)
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, 40 oz., 2 Count – 7g (7% DV) of Protein per Serving, Smooth, Creamy Texture – No Stir Peanut Butter
- 365 Everyday Value, Organic Almondmilk Unsweetened, 64 fl oz
- OATLY Low Fat Oat Milk, 64 fl oz
- Horizon Organic 1 % Low Fat Milk, 8-Ounce Aseptic Cartons (Pack of 18)
If you like this recipe, you’ll love our White Hot Chocolate recipe that you can try here.